In creating and identifying the Social Media Strategy for your small business, it’s important to identify your goals and what kind of message you want to communicate. An example of an organization that has done an excellent job of this is Coca-Cola. A small business such as a start-up might do well by scaling down such a strategy because it has proven to be so successful.
In developing a Social Media Strategy, it’s important for a business to understand that SM is part of an integrated marketing plan to increase brand recognition and a base of customer loyalty. A small business will have unique needs, so here are a few recommendations for Social Media Marketing Principles:
1. Commit to consistent and responsive communication.
2. Remain transparent to gain/retain the trust of customers.
3. Recognize your limitations.
4. Be mindful that your responses represent the company.
5. Be responsible with SM and don’t let it interfere with necessary business operations.
6. Listen to what is being said about you.
7. Be integrated with offline marketing efforts and communications.